INDUSTRY AND CAPITAL GOODS
Our client is a Multinational company in the Industrial sector
- Delivery of the short and long term needs and objectives of the Financial Planning, Reporting and Analysis function
- Focus on providing accurate, timely and actionable analysis of past performance and future projections and budgets.
- Directing and ensuring the adequacy of the accounting systems and in providing the business with required reports, analysis and projections
- Driving actions and providing strategic and financial guidance to ensure that the company's financial objectives and commitments are met.
- Manage overall capital requirements, liquidity and working capital, debt and banking relations, taxation, equity, disposals and acquisitions, as appropriate, and ensure adequate policies are put in place in this regard.
- Ensure policies and procedures are in place over the Finance department.
- Conduct presentations or results / budget for board of directors and audit committee.
- Liaise and maintain good working relations between the company and external auditors to ensure smooth professional functioning.
- Providing accurate and timely analysis of monthly, quarterly and annual performance of the company for the board and the operations management in the prescribed format within the required timeline.
- Provide strategic advice to the board so that they will have accurate view of the market and the company’s future
- Ensure company policies and legal guidelines are communicated all the way from the top down in the company and that they are followed at all times
- Communicate and maintain trust relationships with shareholders, business partners and authorities
- Oversee the company’s financial performance, investments and other business ventures
- Ensure compliance with rules and procedure of the company
- Analyse problematic situations and occurrences and provide solutions to ensure company survival and growth
- Proven experience as at least 6 years as Financial Director in an industrial company
- Qualified member of an accountancy body or holder of an equivalent qualification.
- University graduate in finance & accounting. BSc/BA in Business Administration or relevant field; MSc/MA would be highly valued
- Strong understanding of corporate finance, measures of performance and treasury controlling , accounting and taxation.
- Strong understanding of accounting, tax, social and legal requirements.
- Demonstrable experience in production or engineering companies
- High level of Portuguese and English is essential. Knowledge of French or Spanish would be highly valued
- Experience in international companies would be highly valued
- Familiarity with corporate law and management best practices
- Excellent organisational and leadership skills
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and presentation skills