COMMUNICATION MEDIA AND PUBLISHING
Legal and Tax
Our client is a leading company home to the world's premier entertainment brands, currently recruiting a Legal Counsel for the SWEMEA region to be based in Madrid.
- •Coordination with local Legal Affairs and international on cross border legal work including, regulatory, corporate, collecting societies, intercompany agreements, litigation, privacy etc.
- •Drafting, negotiating and management of agreements including, affiliate agreements, programming acquisition, TV production, license agreements, general services, and digital media.
- •Regulatory compliance (EU quotas, protection of minors, advertising restrictions).
- •Legal work in M&A and structured deals.
- •Copyright infringement/coordination with outside counsel on enforcement.
- •Performing other day to day legal and business affairs-related task as needed (including corporate formalities, services agreements, data protection policies and processes, broadcast standards and regulatory advice, trade mark and domain names applications).
- •Implementing legal international procedures and corporate compliance (using relevant systems if necessary).
- •Gathering legal information and updates as well as news having impact on the business (including national, EU, case law, Industry deals, etc.)
- •Contract administration (i.e. tracking expiration dates, renewals, etc.).
- •Law degree
- •5/6 years’ experience
- •Preferable postgraduate and/or knowledge of intellectual property, audiovisual and advertising regulations, M&A
- •Contract drafting proficiency and negotiation experience in English and Spanish (proficiency another EU language could be a plus)
- •Strong knowledge of MS office, including MS word and MS Excel
- •Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- •Good typing skills
- •Proficiency in spoken and written English
- •Respect for confidentiality and sensitivity of information
- •Team player
- •Organized/Detailed oriented
- •Strong interest in law
- •Business oriented