Legal Counsel SWEMEA
COMMUNICATION MEDIA AND PUBLISHING
Legal and Tax
Our client is a leading company home to the world's premier entertainment brands, currently recruiting a Legal Counsel for the SWEMEA region to be based in Madrid.
- · •Coordination with local Legal Affairs and international on cross border legal work including, regulatory, corporate, collecting societies, intercompany agreements, litigation, privacy etc.
- · •Drafting, negotiating and management of agreements including, affiliate agreements, programming acquisition, TV production, license agreements, general services, and digital media.
- · •Regulatory compliance (EU quotas, protection of minors, advertising restrictions).
- · •Legal work in M&A and structured deals.
- · •Copyright infringement/coordination with outside counsel on enforcement.
- · •Performing other day to day legal and business affairs-related task as needed (including corporate formalities, services agreements, data protection policies and processes, broadcast standards and regulatory advice, trade mark and domain names applications).
- · •Implementing legal international procedures and corporate compliance (using relevant systems if necessary).
- · •Gathering legal information and updates as well as news having impact on the business (including national, EU, case law, Industry deals, etc.)
- · •Contract administration (i.e. tracking expiration dates, renewals, etc.).
- · •Law degree
- · •5/6 years’ experience
- · •Preferable postgraduate and/or knowledge of intellectual property, audiovisual and advertising regulations, M&A
- · •Contract drafting proficiency and negotiation experience in English and Spanish (proficiency another EU language could be a plus)
- · •Strong knowledge of MS office, including MS word and MS Excel
- · Skills:
- · •Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- · •Good typing skills
- · •Proficiency in spoken and written English
- · •Respect for confidentiality and sensitivity of information
- · •Team player
- · •Organized/Detailed oriented
- · •Proactive
- · •Strong interest in law
- · •Business oriented