Global Category Director - Naturals
CHEMISTRY AND PHARMACEUTICAL
Purchasing and Logistics
Our client is one of the leading companies in the fragrances and flavor industry.
- This role will drive and implement sustainable supply of third party raw materials, bring innovation to build on naturals platforms, improve supply chain and product portfolio efficiencies, and create a competitive advantage for our client in the naturals space.
- Establish global sourcing vision and long-term strategies for key fragrance naturals, cosmetic ingredients, and innovative flavor naturals (Naturals & Beyond) for future flavor platforms and programs. Drive strategic thinking and establish naturals category management best practices for key categories (e.g. Citrus, Vanilla, Mint, Spice).
- Identify sourcing requirements to align with business needs for natural platform/programs and delivering significant value through new initiatives and supplier collaborations/partnerships.
- Ensure execution of the sustainable sourcing of naturals and supporting their communities. Drive differentiating sustainability programs.
- Communicate proactively with procurement and business leaders on naturals cost trend changes, especially for upward market pricing to support pass-through customer price increases, and impact on financial KPI's
- Identify and develop key partnerships with strategic suppliers of naturals. Drive a process to evaluate and leverage the value of supplier relationships and performance.
- Coach and develop the buyers of naturals. Develop, engage and retain talent.
- Publish sourcing strategies for key natural raw materials driving the flavors and fragrance BU costs .
- Promote naturals supply chain best practices (farmer-customer value chain) and build effective business relationships to bridge communication and organizational gaps.
- Minimum 10-15 years in Procurement or sourcing with at least 10 years in a global leadership capacity in the area of naturals
- Sourcing from international markets and track record of initiating naturals initiatives with compelling outcomes
- Thorough knowledge of naturals (planting, harvesting, growth conditions….etc across globe)
- Demonstrated to be a valued partner to the business and outside suppliers with high level of trust and integrity
- 5-10 years of experience buying naturals for leading companies with natural product base such as Consumer Product Goods companies or natural food/cosmetic ingredients.
- Minimum 4 years undergraduate degree, preferably in business, economics, sciences or engineering
- Preferred MBA, Advanced degree in sciences or engineering
- Industry experience in naturals relevant to flavors and fragrances with demonstrated ability to work with cross functional and business teams in matrix organizations
- Proven experience setting comprehensive sourcing strategies. Proven experience in procurement category management role.
- Major supplier contract negotiations and tracking of cost elements and modeling raw material pricing
- Knowledge of supply chain relevant to key naturals and their traceability, their derivatives and market applications
- Fluent in English, other languages considered an advantage