COUNTRY FINANCIAL CONTROLLER (NETHERLAND)
Finance and Administration
Important Group in the Paper Industry. The position is aimed at an experienced Financial Controller, who has already had several years of experience in managing a financial team in an industrial environment.
- He/she is experienced in a relatively big company with budgeting, taxation, reporting, controlling (according to the Dutch law). Perform monthly and year-end closings of the books and elaborate reliable reporting as required by the Plant Controller and the Country Management with the elements of analysis that are necessary for the control of the Company. Also involved in the choice of the various strategic directions of the Country Business Area. Provides financial advice and support to help senior executives make key decisions. Ensuring the compliance with all accounting, tax and financial obligations of the Group companies in the country (aprox 10% of time).
- Responsibilities of the position:
- • Participate in the Strategic Plan for the Country, providing leadership to the Finance and Accounting strategy of the company, to optimise the company’s financial performance and strategic position.
- • Contribute fully to the development of company strategy across all areas of the business, challenging assumptions and decision-making as appropriate and providing financial analysis and guidance on all activities, plans, targets and business drivers.
- • Perform month and year-end closings of the accounts in order to be compliant with local legislation and Group requirements.
- • Prepare and file tax returns as required by local legislation.
- • Ensure that company financial systems are robust, compliant and support current activities and future growth.
- • Prepare and monitor the operating budget, co-ordinating between the different Country Departments.
- • Control the Plant Annual Investment Plan (AIP) (contracts, amounts contracted...) and carry out investment profitability studies.
- • Define indicators for monitoring the activity and monitor their implementation.
- • Supervise and coordinate the processes of budgetary control and monitoring of action plans.
- • Define and calculate standard costs (hourly rates, raw material, costs ...) and control updating of all the variables that depend on other departments and that are necessary in order to prepare the tariffs and pricing/quotations.
- • Analyse the customer risks and make the necessary decisions in each case.
- • Analyse profitability by customer and by product.
- • Ensure compliance of internal regulations of the company in the Plants.
- • Supervise financial assistants and other employees in the facilitation of day-to-day operations, including tracking financial data, invoicing, payroll, etc, ensuring compliance with tax, labour, accounting regulations, etc.
- • Support the Group’s Risk Manager in the implementation of insurance policies.
- • Corporate finance: support the Group’s Treasurer in the implementation of company policies regarding capital requirements, debt, taxation, equity, disposals and acquisitions, as appropriate
- • To draw up and follow the training plans for his/her direct reports, encouraging and help in the development of his/her team and preparing the annual performance assessment and define the action plan to be followed.
- • He/she will be involved in a matrix reporting structure: to the Corporate Controller abroad, to the Plant Director, to the Financial Director of the group abroad.
- • Graduate in Business Administration, Economics, etc.
- • 8-10 years’ experience in a similar post or as Head of Administration or Accounting, in an industrial environment
- • Proficient in the use of MS Office and financial management software (e.g. SAP)
- • Team Management.
- • Professional finance accreditation.
- • Native speaker of Dutch, English at a proficient level
- *ONLY CVS THAT HAVE THE ABOVE REQUIREMENTS WILL BE ANSWERED TO.