Project Finance Specialist
FINANCE AND INSURANCE
Sales and Marketing
Our client is an important Spanish Financial Entity that operates worldwide. They are looking for a Project Finance Specialist to be a part of the NY Team in the Representative Offices with a direct reporting line to the Country Manager and a functional reporting to the Structured Finance Manager in Spain.
The position will be based in New York.
- Participation in the structuring and execution of complete financing solutions for large corporate clients/sponsors and serve as a processor on the Structured Finance deal team with responsibility for creating product information for clients.
- Project screening and origination of transactions opportunities with an active commercial role.
- Participation in every aspect of transaction analysis and execution, from start (pitch and marketing) to the day-to-day management of Structured Finance transaction to finish (deal close and pricing).
- Identifying areas of opportunity through extensive market research and deal flow analysis.
- Research of different niche markets in which it operates the Structured Finance area.
- Management of the internal Risk process including engagement with Risk Teams, Relationship Directors and other support units.
- Credit and financial aspects of project development, including financial analysis of companies/projects - data gathering, production of financial projections and cash-flow models.
- Preparation of credit applications for lending.
- Monitoring and review of the due diligence process including all the technical, legal, insurance and tax aspects.
- Negotiate and review all the legal documentation with the support of the legal department.
- Participation in project implementation, including administrative and analytical support in specific areas of project monitoring.
- Attending meetings with clients, infrastructure funds, and local banks.
- Business administration, finance or economics degree. A Masters or postgraduate degree will be valued positively.
- Minimum 2-5 years documented professional experience acquired in commercial actions with companies.
- Knowledge of risk analysis.
- Proven experience in Structured Finance products and services (min. 2 years). Knowledge of internal company issues and business financing.
- Minimum 2-5 years documented professional experience acquired in Project Finance
- Proven experience in negotiation and review of finance agreements.
- Methodical organisational planning and following up of business activities.
- Excellent knowledge of written and spoken English and Spanish.
- Availability for travelling.
- Experience in the infrastructure and/or energy sectors is a plus.
- Knowledge of the United States and Canada market