Multiplatform Data Analyst
COMMUNICATION MEDIA AND PUBLISHING
IT & Telecommunications
Viacom is home to the world`s premier entertainment brands that connect with audiences through compelling content across television, motion picture, online and mobile platforms in over 160 countries and territories.
The Multiplatform Data Analyst will manage big set of data to understand, acquire and predict behaviour of our viewers and non-linear content.
The successful candidate will own data analysis initiatives to increase the effectiveness of our marketing/content/monetization efforts. The role starts making sure the right events are registered/trigged in order to be followed and visualized through our current reporting tools managed for the BI and research teams, but then requires autonomy to be able to extract, complement, and analyse data to generate insights and make business decisions for our non-linear content through our websites, social accounts and applications (B2B, B2B2C, B2C).
The role reports directly into the Director of Business Development, and the role is key for the success of the digital team.
This person will play a crucial role in embedding a culture of continuous optimisation within the team, championing a data-led approach to decision-making, and working with senior stakeholders to formulate and test new strategies
- • Own the design, development, validation, and maintenance of ongoing metrics, reports, analyses, dashboards, etc. to drive key business decisions for the digital business at SWEMEA. This will require coordination with the BI and research teams.
- • Conduct hands-on modeling/analytics retrieving, compiling, and analyzing large volumes of data from disparate databases into distilled, actionable information and insights for content and monetization decisions.
- • Develop standardized and specific dashboards and reports with an emphasis on automation and Identify data requirements and data visualization/reporting needs.
- • Champion all the BI/Learning machine applications within our cluster.
- • Effectively present data and analysis to both internal stakeholders and external clients and 3rd parties
- • Design and analyze A/B multivariate tests to drive KPI improvement over our non-linear content performance.
- • BS in Computer Science, Mathematics or a related discipline with 2-4 years of relevant work experience as a Data/BI analyst.
- • Outstanding quantitative and analytical skills
- • Interest in big data, AI, machine learning, predictive models, image and voice recognition.
- • Highly proficient in writing complex SQL queries
- • Deep understanding of the usage and interpretation of statistical methods
- • Interest in large scale data mining, gathering insights and reporting
- • Prior experience with Ruby, or Python preferred
- • Experience with Hadoop or MapReduce is a plus
- • Prior experience working with growth marketing and product development teams at media and startups is also a plus.
- • Deep understanding of e-commerce and the associated transaction funnel analytics
- • Experience with Business Intelligence visualization tools like Tableau, Lookr, Amplitude, Jupyter etc.
- • Ability to work independently, be self-motivated and results-oriented but still be an excellent team player with a strong level of service