Process Technology Engineer EMEA
Production, Operations and R&D
Leading international company in the insulation sector
- - Process Development
- Advancement and development of production and manufacturing processes in all plants across EMEA. Drive design of development projects and implement projects in the respective plants.
- - Recipes
- Transferring and improvement of experimental recipes within the business region. Transfer of existing recepies and products between and within plants and production lines through the region.
- - Machinery and equipment
- Adjusting parameters of new machinery and equipment with the objective of having maximum productivity.
- - Development Projects
- As part of the development team the incumbent is responsible for personal acquisition of important subtasks or subprojects as part of the development projects.
- - Investment projects
- Investment on new projects / initiatives for process improvement and development. Development of equipment and technical concepts and detailed solutions for new investment projects in close cooperation with EMEA plants.
- - Documentation
- Development of Standard Operating Procedures for the production process such as start up sheets and quality assurances documentations.
- - Instruction and training
- The incumbent is responsible to transfer the knowledge. He / she identifies competence gaps, instructs and trains production staff and production managers and promots and maintains exchanges of information, experience and best practice between regional plants.
- - Production Action Plan
- Support cost reductions in EMEA plants by review status of Production Action Plan projects in the EMEA plants on frequently base together with the plant managers. Actively define and drive projects in the various plants in order to achieve the Production Action Plan targets.
- - Product quality
- Ensures compliance of products with defined technical values, tolerances and other quality parameters. Initiates effective countermeasures in case of non compliance.
- - WCM
- Takes an active role in the WCM Program and uses the tools of the Early Product Management, Focused Improvement and Quality & Process Control in his / her daily tasks. Supporting actively Standard Kaizens & Major Kaizens in the region and is taking part in WAM Audits if required.
- - Other / special projects
- Upon request of the manager the incumbent undertakes special projects and other tasks in Process Technology and develops solutions related to the fundamental questions of Process Technology.
- - University graduate in chemical engineering, process technology, production engineering or similar.
- - Min. 3 years of experience in Manufactering.
- -Ideally experience in rubber processing such like foam production, extrusion, vulcanisation.
- - Fluent English
- - Additional European languages and German will be an advantage.
- - Knowledge of WCM, CIP etc. is preferable but not mandatory.
- - Strong analytical skills.
- - Meticulous.
- - Conceptual approach to work.
- - Highly goal and results orientated.
- - Organizational talent.
- - Team player.
- - Willing to travel on a regular base to the EMEA manufacturing plants
- (30% of time, up to 60% based on project or urgency)