Purchasing and Logistics
Our client is a leading European manufacturer in its field.
- This position will be based near at the production site in Portugal. Reporting to the Purchasing Director he/she will be responsible to plan, manage and monitor purchasing activities of the commodities assigned so that the goods, materials, supplies and services of his/her area of responsibility meet the standards of price, quality, timing and reliability of supply.
- The functions and responsibilities will include:
- Work closely to the Company area managers in order to understand their current and anticipated demand for goods, materials and develop plans, costs estimations and scheduling these needs into existing purchasing activities.
- Evaluate and select suppliers negotiating purchasing terms.
- Commit to purchases (within established limits of authority) that are in the organization’s best interest.
- Develop policies, checklists or other materials that describe the organization’s technical, quality, service or reliability standards to help purchasing area to evaluate supplier proposals.
- Analyze and evaluate external price trends and new products and suppliers alternatives to identify cost reduction opportunities.
- Manage ongoing relationships with main suppliers, vendors or subcontractors to ensure the best practices and guaranty maximum service and satisfaction to organization.
- Education: Degree in Engineering, Chemistry, Economics or similar
- Experience: at least 10 years of experience in the Purchasing area
- Languages: English, Spanish, Portuguese
- Knowledge: Quality Systems, Audit, Quality Norms (BRC, ISO 22000, ISO 9001,…)