COMPLIANCE OFFICER- WARSAW
FINANCE AND INSURANCE
Finance and Administration
Our Client, one of the largest financial institutions, is looking for a Compliance Officer to join their branch in Warsaw, Poland.
- Ensures that valid licenses and registration in Poland are maintained and renewed as required by laws and regulation.
- Monitors and apprises as per the Legal department input the local and home office senior management of regulatory updates and changes in banking laws as applicable.
- Maintenance of appropriate policies and procedures to ensure the control environment abides to local regulatory requirements on conduct and compliance
- Liaises with the different departments involved in the coverage of the compliance function: IT systems, Legal and HHRR
- Coordinates and provides assistance during annual regulatory examinations, internal audits and external audits as required.
- Ongoing report to International Compliance Department and any regulatory requirement in relation to the risks of compliance
- Maintains updated an ongoing Compliance program which includes over sighing, controlling and reporting on the following matters as a minimum: Anti-money laundering and counter terrorism financing which includes International Sanctions prevention, Markets Compliance, as well as the institutional Corporate CaixaBank Compliance requirements as per the application of the Code of conduct as well as any established channels for reporting on control and compliance. Criminal Compliance Corporate Liability, Conflict of interest prevention policies, vendors policies, Anticorruption and brivery policies, Gift policies and any policy affected to the risks.
- Executes the risk control environment as a second line of defense
- Executes daily processes linked to AML risks in the branch, customers and transaction monitoring
- Conducts annual Compliance risk-based assessment of the Branch’s customer base and banking products and services.
- Prepares and files Currency Transaction and Suspicious Activity Transaction Forms, as needed in AML or Markets abuse prevention matters.
- Procedures to screen and monitor other conduct risks
- Conducts semi-annual, in-house seminars for all branch staff on the basics of the regulations and any regulatory changes which may have occurred.
- Attends annual formal training seminars to keep updated.
- University´s degree preferable in Law
- Polish and English required as mandatory, Spanish desirable
- Minimum three to five years’ experience in a similar Compliance management position.
- Experience in liaising with the local supervising Authorities will be highly valued.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to establish priorities even under time pressure and demanding datelines.
- Knowledge of monitoring and screening systems at user level
- Excellent PC skills, communication and writing skills
- Ability to draft clear and concise reports, ability to prepare presentations for upper management as well as executive reports ad hoc
- Ability to work both independently and as part of an international team.
- Flexibility to adapt to international business hours environment and willing to travel sporadically.
- Result oriented and pragmatic person.
- Commitment, enthusiasm and self motivated.