Production, Operations and R&D
Global provider in areas such as fire safety, security, building automation, heating, ventilating, air-conditioning, refrigeration systems, etc... is looking for a Program Manager based in Barcelona reporting to Barcelona Engineering Manager.
This person will lead and coordinate the development activities of all Product Development projects (new products and sustain engineering) and will have responsibility over the engineering team, including System Engineer, and Technical Lead.
The Program Manager has an oversight of the status of the cross-functional projects and activities, and ensures the program goals are met following the processes and standards set by the business.
The selected candidate will be able to report at the highest level of the organization.
- Coordinate internal resources and third parties/vendors for the on time, within scope and within budget execution of the project.
- Develop project scopes and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility.
- Ensure resource availability and allocation.
- Develop a detailed project plan to track progress.
- Identify and manage changes in project scope, schedule and costs following the appropriate processes.
- Measure project performance (SPI/CPI, variance).
- Report and escalate to management as needed.
- Manage the relationship with the client and all stakeholders.
- Perform risk management to minimize and mitigate project risks.
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation, ensuring the team is fully aligned with the deliverables and standards set in the Passport process.
- Engineering degree, preferably in Telecommunications, Electronics or Computer Science.
- 5-7 years of prior experience in project and team management in a multicultural environment.
- Excellent English written and verbal communication skills.
- Capable of working with different cultures in remote locations, and willing to travel
- Strong organizational skills including attention to detail and multi-tasking skills.
- PMP certification is a plus.
- Strong interpersonal, influencing and leadership skills
- Creates an environment in which people are involved and included.
- Ability to influence and make recommendations at all levels of the company, and ability to work well with cross-functional teams.
- Background in fire detection and alarm systems, preferred.