HR, Organisation and Quality
Heraeus is a globally active precious metal and technology Group based in Hanau, near Frankfurt, and with deep roots in Germany. Heraeus holds a leading position in its global markets. The company has been family-owned for more than 160 years. Heraeus business groups cover precious metals, materials and technologies, sensors, biomaterials, medical and pharmaceutical products, quartz glass, and specialty light sources. Company manufactures and markets measurement, monitoring, and control systems for steel, aluminum, and foundry industries worldwide.
Sensors Business Group - Heraeus Electro-Nite
The sensors business group (Heraeus Electro-Nite) is the world market leader in sensor and measurement
systems for the steel, aluminum, and foundry industries. As a recognized specialist in measurements for
molten iron, steel, and aluminum, the company produces and markets high-quality sensors from global
manufacturing and sales facilities on every continent. In close cooperation with its customers, Heraeus
Electro-Nite develops product solutions that contribute significantly to greater efficiency and higher quality
in production processes, as well as improving working conditions and protecting the environment.
- Job Summary / Scope of work
- Incumbent would be responsible for end to end HR operations & implementing HR strategy for Heraeus Technolgies India. He would be closely working with the management in initiatives related to Organizational development; will play key role in cultural change, People Development, developing HR Policy formulation & procedure to implement policies, Performance Appraisal. Would also manage employees relations; employees engagement, retention, Welfare, training and development etc and HRIS Management.
- Key Responsibilities-
- HR Operations & Employee Engagement:
- Developing and establishing HR policies, statutory compliance and other HR related actives across multiple factories, sales team & service teams in the organization.
- Preparing the manpower budgeting and planning, Co-ordinating to finalize the manpower budgeting. Responsible for all recruitment needs across the organisation
- Setting up a smooth and structured on boarding and induction process for the new employees.
- Ensuring consistent and effective HR communication across HO, Plants and other offices
- Designing and executing most effective employee engagement initiatives and training workshops
- Conducting Training Need Analysis and partnering with different stakeholders internally or externally to execute training programs
- Responsible for succession planning of critical talent, working on the talent development plans.
- Setting KRA’s and reviewing the same to make sure they are aligned with the employee’s work nature and business goal.
- Periodic reviewing of the performance against their KRA’s and suggesting midyear corrections if necessary.
- Working closely with the management & relevant stakeholders to facilitate various change management initiatives
- HR Policies & Industry best practices trends:
- Researching emerging trends on HR practices and implementing them effectively throughout the organisation.
- Collaborating with various geographical offices and plants to introduce consistency in HR practices
- Coordinating with employee representative forums and works councils
- Suggesting new HR strategies and helping to reshape, drive and establish the HR model and culture
- Industrial Relations and Compliances
- Design & develop Industrial Relations strategy for the plants to establish a conducive work environment.
- Devise plans for dealing with critical stakeholders especially unions, workers committee, local leaders & govt. machinery etc.
- Keep abreast with the changes, IR decisions across the organization, analyze impact for possible action
- Liaise with labor department and for conducting labor related litigations
- Ensuring 100% HR Statutory Compliances under the provision of various laws
- Lead interfaces with external stakeholders (Govt. Officials etc.) for Statutory compliance
- Strict adherence to payment of minimum wages and disbursement of wages as per statute
- Manage the disciplinary process including show case notices, charge sheet, suspension, explanations etc. through domestic enquiries
- Facilitate grievance handling process with the view of ensuring industrial harmony and discipline
- Adherence to R&R Policy, RPDAC Guidelines and Govt. notifications from time to time on applicable industries.
- An experienced HR professional with at least 8 to 12 years of relevant experience in managing HR function within a manufacturing organization.
- Hands – on experience in HR Policies, processes, recruitment methods and OD interventions.
- Should have good experience worked in IR, Unions & Wage Settlement
- Analytical and Critical Thinking
- Able to interact with all professionals across the organization.
- High-level leadership and decision-making skills.
- Able to motivate, influence and train people.
- Excellent Communication skills
- Effective planning, organizing & execution skills for optimum utilization of time & resources.
- Should have well-groomed appearance along with sound judgment & business sense.
- Ability to demonstrate professional competence & show persistence when faced with challenging situations.
- Strong organizational skills & ability to perform in a deadline driven environment.
- Able to self-start, initiate, manage, develop & motivate direct reports.
- Ability to make sound judgement with focus on task in hand.
- Capable enough to handle the conflicts
- Should be able to build and lead effective teams
- Must have strong decision-making skills and the determination to see projects through to the end.
- Result Oriented
- Process Oriented
- Strategic & Analytical bent of mind