Production, Operations and R&D
A multinational company within the FMCG is looking for a Packaging Technologist.
- Lead the transfers of products packaging interacting with external in internal international stakeholders.
- Actively participate in brainstorming, development, engineering and successful implementation of new cutting edge technology packages that will give our client an innovative competitive edge in the marketplace.
- Anticipate issues and trouble spots which may be encountered during product/project development and launch cycle, and having plans of action to remedy or avoid such issues.
- Responsible for creating, maintaining and updating the required documentation, and communications related to the components technical information (BOM, green dot, logistics data, technical specifications,..)
- Ensuring that packaging products meet set requirements and specifications (first entry component)
- Technical supervision of new and current unit and/or packaging production tooling
- Recommend and investigate new packaging methods, material and equipment to improve quality and/or cost effectiveness.
- Project Management and ownership of Global RPP actions within assigned products, coordination of activities and project milestones for each item or grouping of items to be addressed
- Carry out and take ownership of specific Packaging projects in conjunction with plant departments and/or Package Development.
- Track and coordinate artwork and specification transfer to supplier, as well as supplier readiness for production.
- Participate in supplier evaluations and qualifications, and bring them up to speed with our client’s requirements.
- Collaboration with R&D and production plant in carrying out the necessary tests to ensure proper container-product interaction and packaging line.
- Act as prime interface with plant personal regarding production runs of products and any problems arising.
- Controlling production and quality standards
- Collaboration with suppliers to find improved packages, processes and technologies
- Collaboration with logistics department in terms of logistics data
- We are looking for…
- A candidate with 4 years of professional experience with Package Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Chemistry degree or Similar. Prefer background in FMCG, CPG or OTC healthcare sectors.
- Experience in primary, secondary and tertiary packaging.
- You have project leadership experience with cross functional off site team.
- Expertise in development and engineering of packaging, with knowledge in business environmental sector.
- Can show evidence of facilitating skilled professionals in a dynamic, high pressure, constantly changing environment.
- Highly self-motivated, pro-active, results oriented individual with good interpersonal skills.
- Leadership or membership of teams that consistently seek out value propositions
- Requires local and/or regional travel, and may require international travel