HEALTH AND SAFETY MANAGER
Production, Operations and R&D
One of our multinational clients serving in chemicals sector is looking for Health and Safety Manager who provides leadership and coordination to the OH&S team for the Northern Europe Region and the workplaces managed inside the Region to implementing best operating practices regarding OH&S.
- To ensure the specificities of the Region in the area of OH&S are well defined
- and supported by global guidelines, with the aim of controlling risks while guarantee efficiency and continual improvement.
- To coordinate the implementation of PSM Programme through the Northern Region workplaces;
- To prepare and follow up an Annual Plan with the Regional Director, in
- coordination with the different areas and workplaces, to implement the guidelines with OHS specificities and other corporate programmes and initiatives, taking into account resources and needs.
- Provides expertise to workplaces and specially to OHS function present, in
- the implementation of these OHS specificities;
- Influences and motivates the Regional Team and helps to develop high
- performing teams.
- Develops the required sense of urgency within the Northern Europe Region
- in respect to OH&S.
- Manages closely and on demand, the relevant OH&S issues.
- Supports the implementation of improvement tools.
- Audits periodically the safety performance and the implementation of safety
- procedures and escalates critical OH&S issues.
- Participates in OH&S network, to improve functional standards, processes,
- tools and methods towards operational excellence, ensuring the specificities are taken into account. Support workplaces in the investigation of process incidents when needed, and make sure learning’s are taken into account in similar processes in all other Region workplaces.
- Reporting on OH&S issues:
- Collect information from the Region workplaces
- Perform trend analysis on the main KPIs and prepare monthly summary of
- status and follow-it with Regional Director
- When required, attend meetings, working groups and similar activities
- representing THE COMPANY and supporting its positions, with Public or Private Institutions, Technical and Business Organizations, Service Suppliers and other organizations.
- University Degree (Chemical, Industrial Engineering).
- Master ́s degree in OH&S (or at least ten years’ experience in OH&S in
- Industrial companies).
- Experience in OH&S in Industrial companies and preference to similar
- processes and/or products.
- OH&S Auditor experience.
- Project Management experience.
- Knowledge of management systems according to ISO 18001.
- Fluent in German and English, other languages are valued.