Production, Operations and R&D
My client is pioneering in web technologies and graphics outsourcing.
- Manage the design team and provide feedback, critique and coaching to elevate the output of the team.
- Ensure that designs from within the team adhere to both aesthetic standards and best practices within the medium.
- Guide team to apply established patterns and styles as appropriate, and evolve them when needed
- Personally work on the entire lifecycle of the product: research, user flows, prototyping, high fidelity comps, and collaborate with engineers on implementation.
- Collaborate with product managers, developers, and other designers.
- Drive the continued evolution and expansion of the design system.
- Work on both customer facing interfaces as well as internal tooling.
- Identify opportunities for improvement in products and process and take the initiative to provide solutions.
- A minimum experience of 10+ years into product design and managing team Highly aware of thought leaders, best practices and standards industry-wide (both within and outside the competitive set).
- Demonstrated success leading design teams. Designed and shipped mobile and web products.
- Demonstrate and articulate an understanding of layout, typography and visual hierarchy, coupled with user centered design and best practices.
- Software expertise with Sketch, Illustrator, and Photoshop. Experience using wireframing and prototyping tools. A solid understanding of HTML and CSS. Coding experience is a plus.
- Excellent communication and writing skills: can brainstorm with a group, articulate ideas, and tease out feedback from colleagues. Above all, can build consensus and move work forward.