INGENIERO SENIOR CERTIFICACIÓN (BARCELONA)
Production, Operations and R&D
Global provider of building technologies
- We are looking for a Certification Engineer based in Barcelona, reporting to the Sustaining Engineering Manager.
- Acting as an interface between the approval agencies and the company engineering team, we are looking for a certification engineer with proven experience in CE/EU product approvals.
- Experience of the Construction Products Regulation (CPR) and UL/FM (USA) and CCC (China) is a plus.
- The candidate will have strong communications and Project Management skills.
- A high level of English, spoken and written is a must.
- - Participate proactively in drafting of product specifications and design reviews, supporting design for compliance. Provide clear interpretations of normative requirements where ambiguities or conflicting opinions exist.
- - Manage the approvals applications and review quotations from agencies. Review certificates that are about to expire. Manage timely renewal of certificates.
- - Create and maintain certification project plan, flag non conformities and slippages to management. Address non-conformities by working with the agency and engineering teams.
- - Review / approve in-house pre-approval test schedules (internal) with test department. Ensure test settings and procedures reflect, as closely as possible, the actual agency settings.
- - Define and document test settings with agencies. Order equipment and keep control of samples and modifications throughout Certification process
- - Compile and maintain the product dossier and technical file
- - Create, keep and maintain CE declarations, including RoHS and REACH and Declarations of Performance (required under the CPR) up to date.
- - Approve all changes to products (ECO) and assess the potential impact on approvals, notify agencies of changes and update technical file and other documents as applicable.
- - Support Factory Production Control audits with the factories. Manage the satisfactory closure of non-conformities.
- - Help maintain the local certification procedure and standard work documents up to date with best practices
- - Strategic focus:
- o Stay informed of changes to regulations and standards,
- o Support strategies with agencies – new accreditations, EFSG membership etc.
- o Provide early warning of changes in standards to dept. manager to allow planning
- - Engineering degree, preferably in Electronics, or Telecommunications
- - Excellent organizational skills
- - Ability to handle multiple certification projects concurrently
- - Excellent communication and presentation skills in English
- - Have strong negotiating skills to optimize the service from laboratories
- - Previous experience in certification of products in laboratories in Europe
- - Knowledge of ISO, CE and European Standards
- - Willingness to travel to the agencies
- - Prior experience in certification within the Fire industry
- - Familiarity with EN54 range of standards and CPR.
- - Experience with LVD, EMC
- - Experience in UL, FM and CCC /China) approvals