Process Safety Engineer
CHEMISTRY AND PHARMACEUTICAL
Production, Operations and R&D
Our client, Spanish Multinational Company with strong international presence, leader in their sector, is seeking to incorporate a Process Safety Engineer for their Headoffice in Madrid.
Process Safety Engineer is the support to deploy PSM program for PSM Leader, working from Process Safety function in coordinatioon with rest of functions and BUs through CoEx.
- Serve as PRM Team Support or Facilitator on PHA Revalidations, simple to moderate complex Process System PHAs/LOPAs.
- Take project lead or supporting role in ensuring the study preparation, team meetings, and reports are accurate, complete, and meet the regulatory, client, and industry requirements.
- Support projects in specialized areas of PSM including procedure development, training course development, support of management of change implementation and compliance audits.
- Chemical Engineering or Chemical Degree. Master in Process Safety is a plus.
- 3-5 years engineering experience in Process Safety development of basic engineering of industrial projects in the chemical, petrochemical, oil or gas, as safety process engineer.
- Desirable experience in plant (or production engineering).
- Strong Knowledge and Technical competence in Hazard
- identification and Safety Reviews: HAZID, HAZOP, SIL, LOPA, etc.
- Safety and Risk Management, chemical reactivity hazards, facility siting analysis and PSM Auditing.
- Program and Procedure creation, review and development.
- English fluent.
- Available for travel. This position require travel over 50-70% of time at client Plants Wordwide. Primary work location is in Madrid.
- Analytical capacity is crucial to integrate data into applicable workplace quality information.
- Be an expert communicator with good interpersonal skills to adequately convey safety instructions.